Wednesday, April 30, 2014

RIP Stache


    
Stache (short for moustache) appeared at my door in November, 1999. He was a tiny ball of fur with the cutest little meow. Well, I fed him and he never left. He loved me for 14 1/2 years, observing the birth of my son, the death of a husband and marriage to another. He resentfully tolerated various bothersome dogs that joined the family, and he let you know if wanted to be alone.


He would lie on my chest and sniff my face, sometimes patting my mouth with his soft white paws. He loved having his face rubbed, especially his jaws and the front of his ears. One of his favorite things was a vigorous knuckle rub on the forehead. He showed his pleasure with a loud purr.

Stache would be there waiting for my son to come home from school, and they would have their time together. He was a great listener, and he helped solve many of life's problems, big and small. 


Recently, Stache began to lose weight very quickly. He became very lethargic and disinterested in any kind of activity. As it turned out, his kidneys were failing, and they eventually gave up today. 

I miss and grieve for my kitty. Stache, you will always be in my heart. I love you very much. May you rest in peace.


Many thanks to the wonderful staff at Foothill Farms Veterinary Hospital for devotion and to and care of my faithful friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment