Saturday, June 26, 2010

Step It Up

Weak.  Tired.  Out of breath.  Feeling old.

I'm sick of it!  

After 3 years of karate training, Black Belt is within reach.  As I take stock of myself and commit to reaching my goal, I realize that this mind and body must get serious to achieve Black Belt excellence.  

First - the body.  Specifically the exercise component.  Time to step it up. In addition to 2 days per week of karate training, this week I added the 3 day-a-week Satori Fit class at the dojo.  The jump from 2 to 5 hours a week has been a challenge, and after the first week my muscles are screaming.  

It hurts so good!

I am already seeing improvement after 1 week.  My punches are getting stronger.  I can now complete 20 real push-ups in a row.  My goal - no more knee push-ups!

Baby steps.  

T-minus 167 days and counting.









No comments:

Post a Comment